Indications your septic system needs attention:
- Visible sewage back-up around drains or in toilets
- Toilets flush slowly
- Water in sinks drains slowly
- You can smell sewage around your home or business.
- You may see waste water on the ground in the vicinity of the septic tank. It may or may not smell.
- Vegetation above the drain field is overly green and lush, even during a drought. This means too much treated waste water is being pushed up toward the ground’s surface instead of it sinking properly. Although it’s acceptable that some treated waste water may move upward, an excessive amount is a bad sign.
- If you notice aggressive growth of vegetation in the lakes and ponds near your area, it could indicate that waste water from your septic system is contaminating nearby bodies of water.